Creating a buy one get one reward for customers is easy and can be done right from your merchant dashboard! Just follow these steps:
- Head to your merchant dashboard
- Click ‘Campaigns’ in the left-hand menu
- Select ‘+ New Campaign’
- Type the name of the campaign in the field marked ‘Campaign Name’
- Leave your company name under ‘Company or Sponsor Name’
- Decide if this campaign will be for all locations
- If this campaign will be for all locations, leave the box beside ‘Select All Locations’ checked
- If this campaign is specific to select locations, uncheck the box beside ‘select all locations’
- Once the box is unchecked you will be able to click into the blank field under ‘Participating Locations’ and a drop-down menu will appear with all available locations
- Select ‘BOGO’
- Please note that if item tagging is not enabled the BOGO option will not be able to be selected. To enable item tagging please reach out to your account manager who will be able to further assist.
- What is item tagging? Item tagging is the system that identifies items on your menu. For instance, let’s say you have a menu with burgers and pizza on it, and you want to run a campaign for $1 off all burgers. All burgers in your menu will need to be tagged so that the campaign knows to redeem on them and not the pizza.
Guest Must Purchase
- In the text box under ‘Quantity to Purchase’ decide how many items a guest will need to purchase to trigger the BOGO reward
- For a traditional BOGO put ‘1’
- Click into the text box under ‘item’ and select the item(s) that will trigger the reward from the drop-down menu
Guest Will Receive
- Click into the dialogue box under ‘Item’ and select the item(s) from the drop-down menu the guest will receive for purchasing the initial trigger item (chosen above)
- In the case of the example pictures, the reward is for BOGO burritos
- Under ‘Max Redemption Value’ include the maximum price of the item that will be redeemed with the BOGO reward.
- Click into the dialogue box under ‘Redemption Preference’ and select either ‘Least expensive item’ or ‘most expensive item’
- Least expensive item - the redemption value will be deducted from the least expensive
- Most expensive item - the redemption value will be deducted from the most expensive
Title and Description Details
- In the text box under ‘Reward Title’ put in the name of the reward that will be displayed to customers
- In the text box under ‘Reward description’ is where all the details of the campaign are going to be included and what the customer will see when they receive the email alert of the campaign. Some things to include might be:
- When the reward can be redeemed
- The expiration date of the reward
- Locations where the reward can be redeemed (if the reward is location specific)
- Under ‘Redemption Time Window’ choose if the campaign will be redeemable for a consecutive time period or recurring specific windows
- If it will be a consecutive time period (i.e 4/25 to 5/25) please select ‘One Time’
- Select the start and end date/time of the campaign: this will determine exactly when the reward is able to be redeemed
- If this reward is able to be redeemed 5 to 7 pm between 4/25 and 5/25, fill out the time span as below:
- In the example pictured above, the reward will only be redeemable between 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm on any day between 4/25 and 5/25.
- If the reward should recur during specific time windows (i.e every day between 6 am and 9 am) please select ‘Recurring’
- Select the...
- Start Date: this will determine the first day that the reward is able to be redeemed
- Start Time: the specific time of day the reward can begin to be redeemed
- If it can be redeemed all day then set this to 12:00 am
- If this reward should only be redeemable for a few hours during the day then select the time of day guests will be able to begin redeeming the reward
- End Time: the specific time of day that the reward will no longer be able to be redeemed
- If this reward can be redeemed all day then select 11:00 pm
- If this reward should only be redeemable for a few hours during the day then select the time of day guests will no longer be able to redeem the reward
- Recurring: this field determines how often this reward can be redeemed
- Daily: guests will be able to redeem this reward daily
- Weekdays: guests will only be able to redeem this reward on the weekdays
- Weekends: guests will only be able to redeem this reward on Saturday and Sundays
- Until: this field determines the last day that guests will be able to redeem the reward
- In the example picture below, the reward will be redeemable daily between 6:00 am and 9:00 am from 4/25/2018 until 5/25/2018
- In the box under ‘Show Reward Details To Customer’ choose one of the below options from the drop-down menu:
- As soon as campaign is run: this will allow guests to see the reward on their rewards page as soon as they receive it, even if it cannot yet be redeemed
- Only during redemption time window: guests will only be able to see the reward when it is able to be redeemed
Select Campaign Recipients
- In the drop-down menu under ‘Campaign Recipients’ select either:
- A pre-existing segmented customer list
- For more information on creating a segmented customer list please visit "How to Create a Segmented Customer List"
- ‘Custom List’
- Load the file for the custom list using the ‘Choose File’ button
Would You Like to Send a Campaign Email?
- If guests should not receive an email alert regarding the reward, please select ‘No’ and proceed to the ‘Review’ section
- If guests should receive an email alert regarding this reward, please refer to the article titled "How to Create Email Alerts in the Custom Campaign Creator"
- Review the information under Setup and Outreach
- If all the information is as desired and the campaign is ready to be run, click the green ‘Run Campaign’ button
- If the campaign is not ready to be run, select the grey ‘ Save Draft & Exit’ button
- Revisit the campaign at any time by clicking on ‘Campaigns’ in the left-hand menu and then selecting ‘Draft’