You can either refund the order directly from your LevelUp tablet, integrated POS system or online at the Business Dashboard. All refunds are full refunds. See below for details on how to handle partial refunds.
If you are using a non-integrated setup:
- When a customer returns to your business to request a refund, start by heading over to your LevelUp terminal, opening the Merchant App and tapping History (it looks like a little clock in the upper right corner of your screen).
- If the transaction occurred in the last few days, locate the transaction that you wish to refund and click Refund. This will refund the full transaction amount back to the customer's card (or to credit, if any was used).
- If the transaction does not show under Transaction History (was not within the last few days), you'll need to refund from the Business Dashboard - see below for instructions.
If you are using an integrated setup:
- Generally, a refund is the same way you refund any other payment form.
- *The refund process will differ based on your POS system.
On the Business Dashboard:
- Log into your Business Dashboard at www.thelevelup.com using your merchant credentials.
- Click the Accounting tab > Transaction History.
- Locate the transaction (using Filters, if needed) and click Refund.
- Regardless of whether you are integrated or not, refund the full amount and then charge the difference between the original transaction total and the partial refund amount.
- You will need the customer to be present with their LevelUp QR Code to process a partial refund.